Bridge Architects is an award winning architectural practice based in Manchester, specialising in low energy residential and office buildings, with a particular focus on the Passivhaus standards
- Contemporary, context driven architectural solutions
- Cost conscious design at both concept and execution stages
- Low energy solutions including Passive House (Passivhaus) certified design
- A record of repeat, satisfied clients.
Bridge Architects would be happy to discuss architectural commissions with you on the following building types:
- Residential – new build, multi-unit, alterations & extensions
- Offices: new build and refurbishment
- Café / restaurant
- Regeneration and conservation
BA(Hons) BArch RIBA ARB
BA(Hons) BArch ARB
Mgr Inż Arch
BA(Hons) DipArch ARB
Passivhaus buildings provide a high level of occupant comfort while using very little energy for heating and cooling. They are built with meticulous attention to detail and rigorous design and construction according to principles developed by the Passivhaus Institute in Germany, and can be certified through an exacting quality assurance process.
The Passivhaus Standard requires:
- a maximum space heating and cooling demand of less than 15 kWh/m2.year or
- a maximum heating and cooling load of 10W/m2.
- a maximum total primary energy demand of 120 kWh/m2/year.
- an air change rate of no more than 0.6 air changes per hour @ 50 Pa.
To achieve the Passivhaus Standard in the UK typically involves:
- very high levels of insulation
- extremely high performance, certified windows with insulated frames
- airtight building fabric
- ‘thermal bridge free’ construction
- a mechanical ventilation system with highly efficient heat recovery
Bridge Architects director Russell Bridge was awarded Passivhaus Certified Designer status in Aug 2011. We would be delighted to talk further about any potential Passivhaus, or very low energy schemes you may have.
Bridge Architects are currently looking for the following staff to fit into our small friendly office in Manchester city centre:
- Experienced Part III Job running Architect with commercial/ office and residential experience. Applicants should be design-led, with strong technical skills, and a good handle on all aspects of architectural practice.
Applications should be made by email to email@example.com with a CV and digital portfolio (max 10Mb).