Bridge Architects is an award winning architectural practice based in Manchester. We have a proven track record of delivering projects across a range of sectors, for both commercial developers and private clients. We create contemporary, context driven buildings, places and spaces which aim to enhance the lives of those who use them.
Whether we are designing a new building or re-imagining and refurbishing an old one, we approach every project as tailor-made and unique, with a focus on understanding and listening to our clients brief, aspirations and budget. We work confidently and collaboratively, and invest time in thinking and exploring creatively pragmatic ideas that will best deliver what our clients need.
We set up our practice in order to be able to give clients our full attention. We love what we do and we take pride in the long lasting, repeat client relationships that we have developed.
Our talented team is capable of nurturing any project from sketch concept design through to completion. Our services encompass; architecture, interior design and styling, work on listed buildings, low energy solutions including Passive House certified design and CGI visualisations.
BA(Hons) BArch RIBA ARB
BA(Hons) BArch ARB
Mgr Inż Arch
BA(Hons) DipArch ARB
BA (Hons)BA(Hons) M(Arch) ARB
Passivhaus buildings provide a high level of occupant comfort while using very little energy for heating and cooling. They are built with meticulous attention to detail and rigorous design and construction according to principles developed by the Passivhaus Institute in Germany, and can be certified through an exacting quality assurance process.
The Passivhaus Standard requires:
- a maximum space heating and cooling demand of less than 15 kWh/m2.year or
- a maximum heating and cooling load of 10W/m2.
- a maximum total primary energy demand of 120 kWh/m2/year.
- an air change rate of no more than 0.6 air changes per hour @ 50 Pa.
To achieve the Passivhaus Standard in the UK typically involves:
- very high levels of insulation
- extremely high performance, certified windows with insulated frames
- airtight building fabric
- ‘thermal bridge free’ construction
- a mechanical ventilation system with highly efficient heat recovery
Bridge Architects director Russell Bridge was awarded Passivhaus Certified Designer status in Aug 2011. We would be delighted to talk further about any potential Passivhaus, or very low energy schemes you may have.
Bridge Architects are currently looking for the following staff to fit into our small friendly office in Manchester city centre:
- Experienced Part III Job running Architect with commercial/ office and residential experience. Applicants should be design-led, with strong technical skills, and a good handle on all aspects of architectural practice.
Applications should be made by email to email@example.com with a CV and digital portfolio (max 10Mb).